Saturday, August 17, 2013

Taking Photos - In the Park


Well, just like any other couple with kids, we also visited the nearby parks for the entertainment of our daughter, Aarohi. This one was particularly fun, cause we were being visited by my in-laws and I got away with a few interesting clicks. The first one is basically a collage, what I like about this is that it tells a story. I caught Aarohi in the act of gobbling down Bobbies (Golden Fingers) and used the Continuous Burst Mode on the Camera to capture her activity:
Color, B/W and Tint: Click to View
This next one captures one of the rare moments in which Aarohi lets someone style her hair and at that time it was only her Azoba (Grandfather) who was allowed to even come near her with a comb, as her mother looks on:
Keeper: Click to View
Color, B/W and Tint: Click to View
Next I caught my wife’s mother enjoying the above scene. I did frame this one with the Principle of Thirds in mind, but managed to also pick-up a little bit of Snehal in the process. This was a sure shot candidate for image correction and I removed Snehal’s arm from the image using the Awesome Cloning tools in Photoshop:
Keeper: Click to View
Before and After: Click to View
Color, B/W and Tint: Click to View
Then I found her brother hanging around and got him to pose for me. Since I wanted to decide later how to frame him, I took a wider shot of him with a lot of background and then later cropped it to get the correct Composition. The reds in his T-Shirt really gave the image a lot of vitality and with a little Spot healing, I was able to clear out the blemishes, the Camera picked up on his face:
Keeper: Click to View
Before and After: Click to View
Color, B/W and Tint: Click to View
As I bought my attention back to Aarohi, she was generous enough to offer me a share in her spoils. This time I had to Crop the image to better focus on the subject. Another rare moment which had to be captured without fail…ha ha ha:
Keeper: Click to View
Before and After: Click to View
Color, B/W and Tint: Click to View
At the end of the day, as we settled back home, away from the cold weather outside, the little one snuggles-up next to her Aaji (Grandmother) in a cozy blanket and taken away on another amazing journey into the fantastical world of Disney’s Flying Elephant. I corrected the composition to better focus on the main subject and used a Blur Filter to remove focus from the surrounding:
Keeper: Click to View
Before and After: Click to View
Color, B/W and Tint: Click to View

Cheers,

Yours Truly,

2 comments: